- If your artist covered your tattoo, remove bandage after 1 hour and wash and cleanse tattoo and surrounding area. Do not re-bandage.
- Wash gently with antibacterial soap and warm water. Pat dry, do not rub your new tattoo.
- Apply A&D ointment sparingly 2 to 3 times a day or when tattoo is very dry, for the first 3 to 4 days. Remember, your skin is an organ so air is the best thing for it, try not to use too much ointment as it will 'choke' your skin while it's healing.
- Avoid chlorinated water for 2 weeks and salt water for 1 week.
- Direct sunlight in any form is bad for your tattoo,(i.e. beach, outside work, and even tanning booths). Wear light colored clothes if you have to be in the sun and use a sunblock with an S.P.F. of at least 30. The higher the better.
- Do not pick or scratch your tattoo, this will lead to light spots of color and damage the overall look of your tattoo when it heals.
Remember, your tattoo may be swollen for a day or so, and may feel 'tight' when you move around. Be careful not to break or crack newly repairing skin. A moisturizing lotion like Curel or Lubrederm that has no fragrance or dyes may be used on or about the 4th day but only after discontinuing use of the A&D. DO NOT USE BOTH AT THE SAME TIME. The care your artist put into applying your tattoo is complete. The care YOU put into your tattoo during the healing process will directly affect how your tattoo turns out and will show through for the rest of your life.
If you have any questions or concerns please do not hesitate to call and ask. Our name and pride go into every tattoo so we are more than happy to assist you. Our customers come first and become our friends.